ISB Days

This blog is to chronicle the one-year I will spend pursuing my management education at The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Hope it brings up great memories when I'm old, dying and viewing this on my laptop at home - in a grand villa!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Had presentations today on the academic program for the coming year. Sounds like an extremely intense course but I hope to enjoy the first "seriously interested" education I have opted for!! Again, the afternoon was time to catch a power-nap to prepare for the long evening ahead. I had an interesting discussion in the afternoon about democracy/communism and I guess these offline chats also help a long way in shaping your learning. Had an ethics-code presentation in the evening. Was a bit "gray" due to the human factor in many of these ethic-guidelines.

A fantastic session on "Career Perspectives" happened in the afternoon. Many achievers from the industry told us that they never had a "20-year plan" about their careers. It was all about learning all the time, taking opportunities and many times, also swallowing bitter pills. As Mats (IBM) used to say "Wherever I went, I found normal people just like me!" So, no one is a superstar by birth or by plan - life happens!

ISB-sponsored dinner in the evening, before which some of us chatted with Ajith Rangnekar (deputy dean) informally. He told us an interesting story on "why ISB chose Hyderabad". Chandrababu Naidu (for whom I already have high regard) chose ISB instead of the other way round. When politicians have a vision, the country prospers. Later, some more presentations on scholarships. I will definitely try for the Citigroup one - since it's a no-strings attached deal. Open jam session started at about 11.30 in the night... seniors strumming guitars and the rest of us singing along... nice, relaxing music. As i head back to my "strategically-located" room, practice sessions for the Talent nite continue. I cant sleep at all since all the sessions occur right behind my room in the mirror-pool. Well, its all preparation for the 24-hour workdays ahead! Time to catch a few winks now... dont have any sessions tomorrow... phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home