ISB Days

This blog is to chronicle the one-year I will spend pursuing my management education at The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Hope it brings up great memories when I'm old, dying and viewing this on my laptop at home - in a grand villa!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The world is divided into two types of people - those who love mathematics and those who hate it. However, one needs to cross their natural 'camp' and understand what the other camp feels.
I think the appreciation for numbers can be developed over a long period of time, if one realizes he lacks the natural inclination towards it. And I am trying to do the same... it's tough, it's painful and it's disheartening to realize that the process should have begun many years ago...

In the end, mathematics is simply trying to help us understand the world around us... many geniuses are trying to put a method to the madness... and due to their efforts, so much has been achieved.... I think they should now patiently educate the rest of us who do not have a strong left-brain (and try to cover up by thinking numbers are useless).... One person did that today with me... and I can feel the positive difference in me... Thanks!

Also, the mathematicians should open their eyes and accept the glorious randomness in this world... for, that is what makes us human, and the world an unpredictable and hence interesting place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home