ISB Days

This blog is to chronicle the one-year I will spend pursuing my management education at The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Hope it brings up great memories when I'm old, dying and viewing this on my laptop at home - in a grand villa!

Monday, January 23, 2006

The thin line between Philosophy and Real-life...
Real-life demands results...and not just a state of mind....

Basically, when I work or live in the 'real' world, I want to be result-driven...execution oriented around results. And when I philosophise, I want to be of an 'everything will pass' mindset....
I dont want these individual states to merge...since I cannot be both at the same time...and it'll be counter-productive...

As the days go by, the placement madness increases...but there is a sense of maturity as of now...they say it will evaporate come placement day.... Very few companies on my select list...I may need to compromise a bit (I hope not!) with the choice of companies if everyone starts demanding the irrelevant, but much-hyped CGPA....what a one-track mind companies have. So much for lateral thinking, creativity and diversity.... But, in the real world, results matter. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home