ISB Days

This blog is to chronicle the one-year I will spend pursuing my management education at The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Hope it brings up great memories when I'm old, dying and viewing this on my laptop at home - in a grand villa!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's surprising how I've been changing my ISB-Motto for the past few days. What started out as a 'Acads ONLY, Career ONLY' to "Balanced Life" to "Only learning, no studying!". That pretty much sums up how I continue to change opinion about what I want out of this one year. And that's a very important definition to think about to set the tone for the next one year.
However, our Stats prof summed it up quite well today. "You can only learn so much in 1 month about Statistics. So, instead of worrying about how SIGMA is derived, think about HOW it can be used. A manager should not care how statistics was invented, but how he can use it in his daily work-life". So, now my motto is "Learning, and not just studying". Understandably, no one is here to be a master of Stats, Accounts, Marketing, etc, etc. We are here to know what these fields are, how they work together, and how we can use them in our daily work-life. Leave the invention to the inventors and the research to the researchers.
Am planning to start some physical exercises soon... A healthy mind can only exist in a healthy body. So, its straight to the gym after classes from tomorrow.. Also, more emphasis on networking and living the complete, balanced life at ISB - not just acads!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home